Sun, Mar 20|
Spring Equinox Cacao Ceremony and Mindful Outdoor Experience
Join us for this unique experience! Heart-opening cacao ceremony and nature connection combined!
Time & Location
Mar 20, 2022, 10:00 AM
Colchester, Colchester, CT 06415, USA
About the event
I'm looking forward to seeing you at the event tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. The event will be held at the Salmon River State Forest Picnic Area near the corner of Rt. 16 and Gulf Road in Colchester, CT. If your GPS takes you to the Comstock Covered Bridge, you are not in the right place. Our meeting place is almost across Rt. 16 (see the area with the picnic table on this map: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEEP/stateparks/maps/slmnpdf.pdf). Also, if you use the Google Maps App you can enter the following coordinates: (41.5491516, -72.4500734)
As of right now, the weather looks like it will be cool and cloudy. However, I think we all know how unpredictable the weather in Connecticut has been lately, so please plan for cold and rain by dressing in layers and having a waterproof jacket or rain poncho. We will not be far from our cars during the event, so if you find that you are cold you can always grab that extra layer from your car. As of today, the area is fairly dry with a few muddy patches. If we get a lot of rain tonight, it might be a little muddier but it seems to be a well-drained area, so I don't anticipate any issues.
- Please check the gear list to be sure you have everything you need.
- Please bring a travel mug to keep your cacao warm.
- Both Stephanie and I will have waivers for you to sign at the event.
- Unfortunately, I found that the bathrooms were closed today. There is a Dunkin' just a few miles from the park on the corner of Rt. 16 and Rt. 149. I will also have supplies should someone need to find a "ToiletTree".
- The total event will be about 2.5 to 3 hours long.
- There is an option for a longer hike along the Salmon River after the event, but there is no obligation to join.
- Please call/text my cell phone at 860-214-9164 if you have any questions or issues finding us. I will be in the parking lot in a white Acura SUV with the hatch open.
* Cacao is a gentle plant medicine and does have some contraindications. Please see the list below and discuss concerns with a physician:
Taking SSRI or MAOI's
Pregnant or nursing
**Walks are held in the forest and may include standing, walking, breathing exercises, gentle stretching, sitting, and lying in the forest where participants may encounter natural hazards such as tree roots, mud, slippery leaves, branches, insects, and plants. Additionally, forest bathing can be an emotional experience as we slow down and connect. This is a normal reaction, and all emotions are welcome in this space.
***COVID-19 - Current guidelines do not require masks in outdoor spaces, however, if you prefer to wear a mask you are welcome to do so. This is a judgment-free zone.
General Admission$45.00Sale ended